At Pieper Veterinary, the health and safety of your pets is our top priority.
Latest Updates, September 2022:
Current Hospital Policies
- All clients who are experiencing any COVID or upper respiratory symptoms, or who have recently been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID, are required to wear a face mask while at our hospitals. We have masks at our front desks we can provide for you.
- If you would simply feel more comfortable wearing a mask or having your visit be done curbside, we encourage you to do so.
- If you are currently testing positive for COVID-19 (including if you are asymptomatic), please do not visit our hospitals. If an emergency occurs and no one else can bring your pet, please call ahead and let our staff know so we can make special accommodations. You must wear a face mask fully covering your mouth and nose at all times while in our hospitals.
- In-hospital visiting of patients will be reduced and approved on a case-by-case basis. Please speak with your attending doctor before coming in to visit your pet.
Please check this page for updates prior to your appointment. Thank you.
Pieper Hospitals Status:
EMERGENCY: Our Pieper Memorial Emergency Room open is 24/7. Between 7am - midnight, all cat and dog appointments will check in inside. Two clients allowed inside per pet. All exotic pet appointments (birds, rabbits, reptiles, etc) will remain curbside. Between midnight - 7am, all visits will be curbside. Please call with any questions.
- SPECIALTY: For all specialty dog and cat consults, please check in inside. Two clients allowed inside per pet. All specialty recheck appointments, and all exotic animal appointments (birds, rabbits, reptiles, etc) will remain curbside. Please call with any questions.
URGENT CARE: Our Madison hospital is open for Urgent Care Monday - Friday from 2pm - 10pm, and weekends 8am - 8pm. Two clients allowed in per pet, please call with any questions.
PRIMARY CARE: All primary hospitals (Pieper-Olson and Berlin St in Middletown, Essex, Marlborough, East Haddam) are open normal posted hours. Two clients allowed in per pet, please call with any questions. Technician visits (ex: nail trims) remain curbside.
- For our primary care clients curbside or in-hospital pickup is available for medications, flea and tick preventatives, and prescription diets. Please allow 1-2 days for any refill requests. Alternatively, you can utilize our online store store for any of these items and have them shipped to your home.
- For specialty patients please use the online form here. Curbside pickup is available.