Pieper Veterinary is designed to function as an extension of your primary care facility.
We are dedicated to supporting the veterinary community by providing 24-hour emergency care and specialty referral services. We believe strong collaboration among veterinarians will strengthen the veterinary profession and provide the most ideal care for your patients.
For a list of all our locations, services, and contact numbers, please click here.
At Pieper Veterinary, we ensure that patients referred by you will remain your patients. Your clients are informed that our services are limited to emergency and specialty care and do not involve primary care.
What to expect when you refer a patient to Pieper Veterinary:
Clear communication with referral veterinarians is our top priority.
- A notice that your patient was received at our emergency hospital will be faxed immediately, followed by a request for further direction from your hospital once admitted.
- Daily progress reports including phone communication to keep you involved in your patient’s care.
- A formal case summary will be submitted once your patient is discharged.
To provide the utmost in continuity of care, we provide clear and timely communication by using rVetLink and our cloud-based PACS system. This allows us to automatically and instantly upload digital images for your viewing, such as radiographs, endoscopy, ultrasound, arthroscopy, and intraoperative images.
With modern advances in veterinary diagnostics and treatments, we believe that the best outcome for a complicated case is achieved when the primary care veterinarian is an intrinsic part of a dedicated team of staff members, emergency doctors, and specialists, all working to provide quality care.
Our emergency hospital is available to manage all medical and surgical emergencies around the clock, including nights, weekends, and holidays. You may refer emergency patients as well as hospital patients in need of overnight monitoring. These patients will be returned to you for follow-up care with a full report, including X-rays and diagnostic reports at your request.
- Internal medicine
- Diagnostic imaging (digital radiographs including dental, ultrasound, CT scanner, MRI, and fluoroscopy)
- Radioactive iodine therapy for feline hyperthyroidism
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation center
- Fully staffed in-house Antech reference lab
Our specialty referral services are supported by a dedicated team of certified veterinary technicians and veterinary assistants. To minimize anesthetic risk to our critical patients, this core team is supported by an experienced certified veterinary technician boarded in anesthesiology.
Outpatient ultrasound service
Pieper Veterinary is excited to be able to provide area veterinarians with two convenient ultrasound choices to offer their clients.
- “While your client waits” ultrasounds may be scheduled Monday through Friday.
- “Drop-off” ultrasounds – Clients may drop off their pet between 8:00 am and 8:30 am and pick them up later on in the day at their convenience.
Patients should be fasted the morning of the ultrasound unless it is deemed unsafe to do so (e.g., diabetic patients).
Please visit our Vet Referral Forms page to download forms for your cases.