Under direct supervision from the Client Care Supervisor, the Client Care Representative is the first line of communication for clients in the practice. The Client Care Representative uses interpersonal and organizational skills to help improve the quality of care given to the patients, and to help all practice members achieve greater efficiency through appropriate direction of client communications.
The Client Care Representative handles greeting clients, admitting patients, processing payments, communicating information to other members of hospital staff, and acting as an ambassador for the Pieper brand at all times when on duty. Ability to handle difficult situations and people is essential to the position. The Client Care Representative is computer literate, friendly, and customer-focused. This is an overview of the position and the job responsibilities listed do not encompass the entire position.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greet clients in a friendly and professional manner
- Collect basic medical information and record appropriately
- Admit patients for procedures and medical boarding
- Collect and process payments
- Ensure customer service experience is superlative even in occasionally difficult circumstances
- Transcribe voicemails, send e-mails, and maintain an appropriate record of the same
- Use of office equipment, including computers, faxes, and printers
- Clean, maintain and sterilize work area and office equipment
- Work well with all team members and ensure that your actions support the hospital, the doctors, and the practice philosophy
- Perform other duties as assigned
CONTROLS OVER WORK
The Client Care Representative works under the direct supervision of the Client Care Supervisor who will indicate general assignments, limitations and priorities. Recurring assignments are performed independently. Deviations or unfamiliar situations are referred to the supervisor. Completed work is reviewed for accuracy and compliance with established procedures.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Compassion and sensitivity: Ability to be sensitive to a concerned owner.
- Customer service skills: Ability to provide friendly, efficient service to both clients and other staff members. Considerable tact and diplomacy is required.
- Interpersonal skills: Ability to feel comfortable dealing with clients, patients, staff, and others.
- Reliability: Regular attendance and timeliness are essential functions in order to fulfill the requirements of this position.
- Technology skills: Ability to operate office technology such as computers, tablets, scanners, fax machines, and copiers.
- Ability to stay calm during emotional and stressful situations.
- Organizational skills: Ability to multitask. Ability to manage office operations such as taking messages, scheduling appointments, and maintaining patient files.
- Communication skills: efficiently communicate with other staff and clients, both in writing and verbally.
- Must appropriately read invoices, process payments and deposits. Must know basic math.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 year of customer service required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.